Please see our available positions below.
2021 LVCC Business Specialist
About Little Village
Little Village is the second-highest-tax-revenue generating shopping district in the city of Chicago with revenues exceeding $900 million annually. Little Village is a 2- mile stretch of 26th Street on the Southwest Side, predominantly Mexican American with over 500 businesses. The commercial corridor is filled with family-owned restaurants, bakeries, barbershops, grocers and retail shops.
About Little Village Chamber of Commerce
Since 1989 the Little Village Chamber of Commerce has represented the interests of local businesses and the larger bilingual business community of Chicago. Its mission is to support, promote and enhance the growth and success of our local businesses – and to leverage the community’s assets, contributions and unique Mexican and cultural identity to generate new business opportunities. Our residents and business owners are recognized for their entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic and commitment to family and community.
The Business Specialist position involves a high level of client interaction and relationship building with different stakeholders. It requires an individual that is detail-orientated, bilingual (English/Spanish), and able to manage multiple tasks to meet performance expectations. LVCC is looking specifically for an advisor that has experience in accounting and/or finance that can help clients build and understand basic financial statements and develop increased financial literacy to better inform their business decisions.
- Provide one-on-one counseling, with a specific focus on helping small businesses develop recovery and resiliency plans in response to the new challenges and opportunities that have emerged in the COVID economy.
- Business advisors are responsible for arranging and scheduling client meetings.
- Schedule and deliver training workshops as needed in-person or virtually and other business events.
- Develop internal and external resources and relationships to accomplish project objectives.
- Cultivate relationships with various key stakeholders and groups.
- Keep ongoing communication with clients and respond to their specific needs.
- Effectively manage administrative tasks, such as maintaining a current and accurate database of client notes, workshops and webinars delivered, and other reporting requirements per the project and grant guidelines.
- Obtain information on client status including business growth, jobs created, business expansions, loans obtained, success stories and more.
- Additional responsibilities might apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or other relevant field and/or 5+ years related professional experience.
- Strong accounting and finance background with ability to read and produce key financial statements and to create financial models/projections
- General background in business administration with knowledge of basic business functions, e.g., sales, marketing, operations, HR, and business strategy
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Ability to grasp terms, details and handle confidential information
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Excellent written (English and Spanish), verbal communication and listening skills
- Project a professional and positive image in dress, body language and attitude when representing LVCC
- Familiar with accounting software’s: QuickBooks or similar accounting software’s
- Financial Reports: Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss Statements, and Cash Flow Statements
- Google: Gmail and G Suite products
- Familiar with Canva and/or Photoshop
- Full time – 40 hours/Week
- Six (6) month contract
- Salary Range: Dependent on experience and education.
- Medical Coverage
- Time Off:
- All major holidays off
- Accrued vacation time
- Four (4) Wellness days
How to apply:
Submission Date: Friday, August 20, 2021
Please submit all cover letters and resumes to Blanca Soto at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.